Ateneo de Davao Grade School Student Development Center (SDC)
The Guidance Program of the Ateneo de Davao Grade School Student Development Center (SDC) provides services that fundamentally support its clientele, mainly comprising its pupils. These services are directed and controlled to help each individual develop his or her potentials. Moreover, these sets of services implemented in the Guidance Program consists of the following: counseling, testing, individual analysis, information, career development, placement, follow-up, and evaluation.
The program helps each individual become a fully functional person capable of maintaining healthy social relationships, living as a responsible citizen of the community, and actively contributing to the larger society of which he/she is a part.
|Monday to Friday
|7:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
|8:00 A.M. – 12:00 N.N.
GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING PROGRAM
Since counseling is an integral part of the Ateneo educational process, the Student Development Center (SDC) offers services and developmental programs to facilitate the development of the pupils’ personal skills. To ensure the realization of the school’s Vision and Mission to develop pupils who are Christ-centered, Compassionate, Competent, Committed, and who are leaders with Conscience; as well as to become a “fire that enkindles other fire,” the counselors use an integral approach to help develop a well-functioning individual by helping him/her to realize his/her potentials to the fullest and plan his/her present and future in accordance with his/her abilities, interests, and needs.
The SDC conducts psychological testing, research, placement and referral, follow-up, information and individual inventory analysis.
- Counseling – the dynamic personal interaction between a counselor and counselee/s, where the counselor employs methods, approaches or techniques to enhance the counselee’s intrapersonal and interpersonal development and competencies.
- Consultation – the mutual sharing and analysis of information among administration, faculty, and parents to facilitate decision-making and learning about strategies for helping the counselee.
- Individual Inventory/Analysis – the collection of information about the individual for proper understanding, decision-making and placement.
- Information – the comprehensive and systematic collection and dissemination of information through various methods, programs, and seminar–workshops to assist pupils in their personal and educational concerns and to assist parents in understanding their children.
- Research/Survey – the attempt to learn the needs of the institutional community, establish the need for improvement, validate new strategies, techniques and interventions and discover different alternatives for attaining goals.
- Referral – the tapping of agencies, organizations, or individuals that may be of better assistance in the counselee’s resolution of problems and attainment of full potential.
- Placement – the facilitation of the client’s movement to the appropriate educational level, entry into the co-curricular, and extra-curricular activities appropriate for the pupil.
- Follow-up – the appraisal of the progress shown by counselees who have been counseled, placed or, been referred; and the appraisal of next counseling steps.
- Information Service
- Testing Service
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Research and Evaluation
- Homeroom Guidance, Referrals
- Parent Conferences
- Staff Development
Tests offered to pupils:
- Entrance Examination
- School Ability Test
- Intelligence Tests
- Diagnostic Tests
- Achievement Test
- Emotional Test
STUDENT DEVELOPMENT CENTER (SDC)
Ateneo de Davao University
Grade School Unit
8021 Davao City
Telephone available only from 8AM to 4PM PHT (+8:00 GMT)
Tel (82) 221.2411 or 299.2405 local 4122 or 4114